[vbox-dev] Patch for enabling ./configure on OSX 10.11 El Capitan

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Wed Jan 20 14:50:08 GMT 2016

Hi Victor,

On 03.01.2016 18:13, Victor Costan wrote:
> The following patch allows ./configure to proceed past the "Checking for
> Darwin version" step in OSX 10.11 El Capitan. I also fixed what looks
> like a typo in the Yosemite branch.
>
> This patch is provided under the MIT license.
>
> I look forward to your feedback!

The independently developed equivalent of your patch was applied
yesterday to trunk and the 5.0 branch (the 5.0.14 tarball includes it).

Your mail reached my attention today, about 24h after I hacked up the
fix (triggered by https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/15004). So I
couldn't credit your contribution. Sorry about that.

We both came up with exactly the same change, which is reassuring.

Thanks for the patch, I hope I see it earlier next time. All
contributions are much appreciated.

Klaus