[vbox-dev] ICH9 devices

Ananth Pallapothu apallapothu at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 02:25:11 GMT 2016

It is not the same VM but an identical VM with the same settings. Base
Memory, CPU's, Nesting .... exactly same settings as used on PIIX3.

Reason I am inclined to think in terms of devices is because, while
experimenting with MSI when I enabled logging with DEV_PCI, PDM,
PDM_DEVICE, DEV_APIC following which I saw bunch of calls as below (apart
from my passthrough device)

pdmR3DevHlp_PhysRead: caller='ahci'/0 .....
pdmR3DevHlp_PhysRead: caller='e1000'/0 ......
pdmR3DevHlp_PhysRead: caller='VMMDev'/0 .....

At this point I am not really expecting anything to happen over network, so
thought devices could be causing the issues.