[vbox-dev] Fwd: Explanation about Ring0 context

Luca Carotenuto luca.carotenuto.91 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 09:00:55 GMT 2016

Gregory, thanks for the reply;
anyway, my question was about R3 context of the host.
Since the host must emulate the E1000 behaviour, it doesn't need to access
the I/O space on the host. So, why does it need to be in R0 context?
Also, as far as I know, the file VBoxDD.so is a library for R3 context, and
it has the references
for functions running in R0 context (e.g. e1kRegWriteTDT).
How can it be possible?

Kind Regards,
Luca Carotenuto

--