[vbox-dev] Python 3 support ?

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Tue Aug 30 14:21:53 GMT 2016

Hi Alexey,

On Tuesday, 30 August 2016 17:12:14 CEST Alexey Eromenko wrote:
> version 5.1.0 changelog says:
> "better support for Python 3" - on which host platforms ? All ?

yes, on all platforms. We deliberately didn't write "support Python 3"
as there are still certain known issues. We changed many Python scripts
to be compatible with Python 3.

This also means that the minimum required version of Python is now 2.6,
everything older is no longer supported with VirtualBox 5.1.x. The Linux
installer checks if Python 2.6 or newer is installed, otherwise the Python
bindings are not installed.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert | Software Development Director, VirtualBox
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München