[vbox-dev] Announcement: VirtualBox 5.0.20 released

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Fri Apr 29 07:25:31 GMT 2016

Hi Stéphane,

On Thursday 28 April 2016 23:19:26 Stéphane Charette wrote:
> > Please be aware that this release
> > does not contain fixes for the X11 Guest Additions so users affected
> > by 5.0.18 regressions with X.org Linux guests should continue to use
> > the 5.0.16 Guest Additions for the time being.
>
> I have a Ubuntu 14.04 32-bit Desktop guest that has been booting to a black
> screen since installing 5.0.18.  Is this part of the X11 guest addition
> regressions?  Where can we find the 5.0.16 guest additions?

most likely. Please have a look here (see the Guest Additions hint):

  https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

The Guest Additions are also always part of the respective download
directory, see here:

  http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/5.0.16/

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert | Software Development Director, VirtualBox
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München