[vbox-dev] checksum error in RHEL 7 repo for Vbox 5.0.18

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Tue Apr 26 07:19:09 GMT 2016

Allan,

On Tuesday 26 April 2016 07:43:58 Allan wrote:
> Hi
>
> Tried to update a Centos 7 box to latest Vbox yeaterday.
> Before that, starting the qt gui pop'ed up a box saying 5.0.18
> was available for download.
>
> I have Vbox repo installed, so I just used yum update.
>
> That only updated it to 5.0.16 - a bit strange.
>
> Then I tried 'yum makecache' - just to make sure; but
> that actually failed for your repo,
>
> http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/rpm/el/7/x86_64/repodata/primary.x
> ml.gz: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
>
> Could you please take a look at that ?

just verified: I could install VirtualBox-5.0-5.0.18 from that repository
without any problem. Please try to refresh the metadata, perhaps doing

  yum clean all

before you continue.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert | Software Development Director, VirtualBox
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München