[vbox-dev] VirutalBox XPCOM interface as root

Rūdolfs Bundulis rudolfs.bundulis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 08:54:55 GMT 2016

Hi,

I encountered errors when trying to instantiate the VirtualBox interface
through XPCOM on Ubuntu running as root - the CreateInstanceByContractID
call always gives back 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR). On the other hand running the
xpcom sample as non-root works fine. Sadly I currently can't launch my code
as non root (but I'll try fixing that). Is that simply a known limitation
that root cannot connect to the service or is there smth I am missing?

Best Regards,
Rudolfs Bundulis.