[vbox-dev] Problem with GNOME while running openSUSE as guest

Gianfranco Costamagna costamagnagianfranco at yahoo.it
Thu Oct 22 08:12:53 GMT 2015

Hi, I can confirm this on Debian
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=virtualbox&archive=no&pend-exc=pending-fixed&pend-exc=fixed&pend-exc=done&sev-inc=critical&sev-inc=grave&sev-inc=serious&repeatmerged=no

we are currently getting rid of the root need for X, and I got the same issue.

Fortunately we have a xserver-xorg-legacy package, but a proper fix would be really appreciated.

cheers,

G.

Il Mercoledì 21 Ottobre 2015 21:29, Larry Finger <Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net> ha scritto:
On 10/21/2015 01:57 PM, Louis King Jr wrote:
> FWIW, I am running OpenSUSE 13.2 Gnome in VirtualBox 5.0.8 and Gnome works fine.
> This is not where one should post this kind of inquiry. You should use the
> VirtualBox Forum.

The problem is with Factory, Tumbleweed, and Leap 42.1. For the moment, both
13.1 and 13.2 are OK.

I disagree about the proper place for posting. The problem is with the VB X
server needing to run as root as the community is getting rid of that necessity.

Larry