[vbox-dev] Virtualbox Configuration manager

Wani, Burhan Ayub burhan.wani at mavs.uta.edu
Thu Nov 12 21:41:03 GMT 2015

I have successfully written code for a virtual device and Virtualbox is able to recognize my virtual device. I have been able to successfully communicate with this virtual device. Inside this file, I am trying to use the cfgm.cpp functions like CFGMR3QueryBytes( ) to access data from the configuration xml file but it just crashes the VM before even starting. The log says CFGMR3QueryBytes( ) is undefined symbol. I have included the necessary header files. I also looked at DevPCNet.cpp which is using the same functions in its pcnetConstruct( ) function successfully.

I believe it has something to do with DLL loading. I am attaching a log file here

libvirtdevice.so is the binary of my virtual device  and adding it to Virtualbox.