[vbox-dev] Updated Automated-guest-installs for VirtualBox ! (beta5)
costamagnagianfranco at yahoo.it
Wed May 6 17:46:18 UTC 2015
Hi Alexey, Debian Maintainer here.
I just read your mail, but I didn't look/download the code.
Do you think such addon would be ready/useful for Debian? is it stable? which license does it have? do you plan to maintain it?
I would like to understand if a pakaging would be useful for the Community!
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
From:"Alexey Eromenko" <al4321 at gmail.com>
Date:Wed, 6 May, 2015 at 19:18
Subject:[vbox-dev] Updated Automated-guest-installs for VirtualBox ! (beta5)
This is an unofficial addon patch on top of Oracle VirtualBox. Highly
It allows fully-automatic installs of virtual machines in VirtualBox
and provides tight integration with each supported OS. Very fast !
Summary of v0.9-beta5: (compared to v0.8 series)
- ported to VirtualBox 5.0 ! (mostly COM interface changes)
- added support for Windows 8, Windows 10 and Debian Linux 7 guests.
- added support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and 7 guests.
- fixed support for 64-bit Windows 7 and Vista guests.
- added ISO image file picker
- handled a few common dependency errors. (if user forgot to install
dependencies such as unattended scripts, mtools or 7-zip)
- few GUI bugs fixed
- disabled unattended mode (auto-install), if guest OS type is incompatible.
- disabled first-time wizard, if in unattended mode.
- AutoCompletion names during new VM creation: RHEL.
- enabled drag-n-drop and shared clipboard by default for new VMs
- GUI/New VM wizard: skip "unattended" section if not used.
- added option to disable Guest Additions install.
- GUI: added description to auto-install new VM wizard.
- several optimizations for Debian guests, leading to smaller
Overall it is more stable now, much more feature-complete and pleasant to use.
Available for Linux hosts or as source-code.
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"
vbox-dev mailing list
vbox-dev at virtualbox.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the vbox-dev