[vbox-dev] [VBox-users] VirtualBox forked into VirtualBox_TE ! ("Technologov" was downgraded; )

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Wed May 20 15:18:55 GMT 2015

Hi,

On Wednesday 20 May 2015 18:03:43 Alexey Eromenko wrote:
> [...]
>
> ..and just in case Oracle kicks me from their forum, I have a prepared
> backup forum at my own Qumble project:
> http://www.qumble.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8
>
> Sadly "Technologov" was downgraded from "Moderator" status into
> "Volunteer" for his hard work of pushing the limits of VirtualBox
> technology, with his own VirtualBox_TE release.
>
> For 8 years of helping and pushing the project forwards. (since
> Jan.2007,  v1.3.2)
> For opening over 50 bugs during v5.0 BETA series. The most among ALL
> the testers !
> For not being a Yes-Man, but to actually doing something new.
> For daring.

I don't want to leave this uncommented. Contributing to VirtualBox does
not require any moderator status in the forums. The one thing is
completely independent from the other.

The main reason for removing the moderators group from your account is
that your patches are not official Oracle patches and we don't want users
to mix up things. Discussing things is nice but it means much more work
for the others if users start to use half-baked patches and run into
problems. Remember when I helped you to reproduce the problems you
reported a few days ago and it turned out it was one of your local change.

Thanks for your understanding,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert | Software Development Director, VirtualBox
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher