[vbox-dev] Kbuild Debian patches

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Wed May 13 13:41:15 GMT 2015

On Qua, 2015-05-13 at 10:48 +0000, Gianfranco Costamagna wrote:
> Hi Virtualbox/kbuild developers,
>
> I would like to share you some Debian patches, not Debian specific, that would be nice to address upstream too.
>
> You can find them here [1]. They should be all GPL-3+ code, since our copyright file states so.
>

> 01_gnukfreebsd.diff --> kfreebsd port
> 02_sh4.diff --> sh4 port
> 04_armv7l.diff --> enable armv7l architecture (fix build failure)
> 05_hppa-disable-threads.diff  --> fix a build failure on hppa
> 06_binutils-gold.diff --> fix a build failures with binutils-gold
> 07_special-chars-build-path.diff --> allow build with paths containing special chars
> 08_no_o3_optimization.diff --> disable 03 optimization, that causes a problem with kmk_Sed
> 09_read.c_record_files_SV_33034_Changes_fatal_to_error.patch --> allow deprecated syntax, however this patch might not be suitable for upstream
> 10_ppc64el.diff --> ppc64el architecture porting
> 11_find-glob.patch --> this patch is needed to make kbuild build correctly on Debian, otherwise I get some heap corruction during build
> 12_arm64.dif --> arm64 port
>

> They are all part of Debian so far, I would like to have them upstreamed, since they might fix other Linux distros as well.

Hi, kbuild place to report bugs is here :
http://trac.netlabs.org/kbuild/

I also put some patches there:
http://trac.netlabs.org/kbuild/ticket/117
http://trac.netlabs.org/kbuild/ticket/118
http://trac.netlabs.org/kbuild/ticket/119

in http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/kBuild.git/tree you have the
patches for fedora. Maybe it is hour to update kbuild , last review was
about one year ago.

Thanks

> thanks for considering
>
> cheers,