[vbox-dev] How to up debug level to maximum ?

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Wed May 13 12:56:12 GMT 2015

On 12.05.2015 23:28, Alexey Eromenko wrote:
> I wanna get the most detailed VBoxSVC.log as possible.

Do you want maximum release logging (available in all builds, and
matches the file name you're mentioning) or do you want maximum debug
logging (using a different file name)?

There's API support for controlling the VBoxSVC release logging (which
is persistent, i.e. affects future VBoxSVC starts). Thanks for asking,
because it reminded me that there's no way to query/set it using
VBoxManage. Will add that straight away, and it should make it into BETA4.

It will work the following way:
VBoxManage setproperty loglevel "log spec"

Default (selected when using "") is "all", and maximum logging is
selected with "all=~0".

See https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/VBoxLogging for more information
about logging.