[vbox-dev] How to use GNU debugger on VBoxSVC ?

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Mon May 11 16:02:38 GMT 2015

On Monday 11 May 2015 16:34:36 Alexey Eromenko wrote:
> Host: Debian Linux 7 x64:
>
> user at debian7vm:~/VirtualBox-5.0.0_BETA2$ gcc --version
> gcc (Debian 4.7.2-5) 4.7.2
>
> user at debian7vm:~/VirtualBox-5.0.0_BETA2$ gdb --version
> GNU gdb (GDB) 7.4.1-debian
>
> On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 4:29 PM, Alexey Eromenko <al4321 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > This is a custom build, based on BETA2_OSE.
> > Official code works fine.
> >
> > No problems with :
> > LOG_GROUP_MM='MM_HEAP' expects 'MM'

Sounds sensible. We provide packages for Debian 7 as well. I'm not aware
of any problems with this platform.

I've just compiled a debug build of 5.0 Beta 2 and cannot reproduce your
problems. Not on Debian 7 but on Debian sid but I cannot see how this
matters.

Do you have any local settings, is there any LocalConfig.kmk file, is there
a AutoConfig.kmk file? If so, could you post it's content?

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert | Software Development Director, VirtualBox
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher