[vbox-dev] Problems with porting a VritualBox frontend from Windows to Linux

Rūdolfs Bundulis rudolfs.bundulis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 11:22:35 GMT 2015

Hi,

ok I found the root issue - my code did not call  RTR3InitExe(argc, &argv,
0) since I built the application only from looking at the API interfaces
and was not aware that I need to do this (actually maybe it makes sense to
include a comment int the xpcom tstVBoxAPIXPCOM.cpp sample about this?).
Now after I've taken a closer look to the frontends I see that all them
call the initialization function the first thing. I added it and my
IFrambuffer implementation started to get invocations. Since my Windows
code worked fine without it - should I add it to Windows as well? Any
chance it is responsible for the weird recompiler longjmp crash I get?
Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Rudolfs Bundulis