[vbox-dev] Virtualbox with HGCM and HGSMI c++ tests?

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at biofuelstechnologyinc.com
Tue Mar 10 18:38:48 GMT 2015

Greetings VBox Dev Group,

I am a bit new to this list and think that Virtualbox is a wonderful
development tool that has great potential in many areas.

With that in mind, I am beginning my investigation into the source tree as
I would like to use VBox for a project, well more of a proof of concept at
the moment, that I am working on to see how well it could work.

One thing that I have not been able to locate are any test case source code
(C/C++ preferred) for the HGCM and/or HGSMI capabilities of Virtualbox and
would like to ask if someone on the mailing list might have some simple
example code that they would be willing to share with me?

I need a secure (or reasonably secure) way to have (host <-> guest) and
(guest <-> guest communications at the VM level all located on the same
host while not utilizing IP or other networking mechanisms.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I start to analyze the
source tree hoping to locate something of use.

Kind Regards and have a great day,
Lonnie