[vbox-dev] ARM virtualization

Stéphane Charette stephanecharette at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 06:55:05 GMT 2015

> Just for your information you can use some sort of qemu-arm-static for
> virtualizing arm support.

Yes, that is what I was trying to use earlier tonight. But after years of
using VirtualBox and the great GUI it has for setting things up correctly
and launching VMs, I found QEMU to be more difficult than I cared for.  In
the end, I never did figure out tonight how to correctly start my ARM
images with QEMU.

This is why I decided to ask on the dev list if there were any plans on one
day adding support for additional hardware architecture.  Not only would it
be a great tool for things like Raspberry Pi and Beagle Bone, but I imagine
it could prove to be quite useful for people who want to work on phones and
tablets.

Stéphane