[vbox-dev] Odd networking issue with VirtuaBox

Aleksey Ilyushin aleksey.ilyushin at oracle.com
Tue Jun 16 17:04:50 GMT 2015

On 16 Jun 2015, at 19:53, Maarten Hoes <hoes.maarten at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 6:07 PM, Aleksey Ilyushin <aleksey.ilyushin at oracle.com> wrote:
> Please start by disabling both checksum and segmentation offloading in the guest (‘ethtool -K’ is the way to go).
>
> ethtool -K enp0s3 gives me the message: 'no features changed'. It also does not change the behavior.
Well… do 'ethtool -k enp0s3’ first. This will give you the list of offloading features. Some of them will be turned on. Try turning them off one by one with ‘ethtool -K’. Start with TCP segmentation offloading, then try TCP checksums. For example, to turn off TCP segmentation offloading do 'ethtool -K enp0s3 tso off’ (if I remember correctly).

> Enabling the packet tracing feature may shed some light on the issue. Here is how to do it: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Network_tips
>
> Thanks. I enabled packet tracing, started the vm, issued a few pings (which works), and then tried a few wgets (which fail/hang). I dont immediately see an explanation in the tracefile though.
>
> I attached the gzipped capture to this message, but im not sure how the list handles attachments, so I also uploaded the file here : http://www41.zippyshare.com/v/uRyG7J87/file.html
>
> Perhaps someone with more experience than me could take a look at it ?
>

> Thanks,
>

> - Maarten

Aleksey