[vbox-dev] Odd networking issue with VirtuaBox

Maarten Hoes hoes.maarten at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 16:53:21 GMT 2015

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 6:07 PM, Aleksey Ilyushin <
aleksey.ilyushin at oracle.com> wrote:

> Please start by disabling both checksum and segmentation offloading in the
> guest (‘ethtool -K’ is the way to go).

ethtool -K enp0s3 gives me the message: 'no features changed'. It also does
not change the behavior.

> Enabling the packet tracing feature may shed some light on the issue. Here
> is how to do it: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Network_tips

Thanks. I enabled packet tracing, started the vm, issued a few pings (which
works), and then tried a few wgets (which fail/hang). I dont immediately
see an explanation in the tracefile though.

I attached the gzipped capture to this message, but im not sure how the
list handles attachments, so I also uploaded the file here :
http://www41.zippyshare.com/v/uRyG7J87/file.html

Perhaps someone with more experience than me could take a look at it ?

Thanks,

- Maarten