[vbox-dev] Compiling for Windows: Cannot find libSDL

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Mon Jun 15 09:23:11 GMT 2015

Hi,

On Monday 15 June 2015 12:10:29 Alexey Eromenko wrote:
> Checking for libSDL...
> error: Can't locate libSDL. Please consult the configure.log and the build
> requirements.

you need to build libSDL yourself.

> [...]

> Why was it removed from "tools/win.x86/" ?

It was never there. This package exist only on our internal build servers.

> Compiling libSDL from scratch fails also. (in VS2010)
>
> 1>  SDL_yuv_sw.c
> 1>  Generating Code...
> 1>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'dxguid.lib'
>
> Any ideas?

That's a question for the SDL maintainers.

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert | Software Development Director, VirtualBox
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher