[vbox-dev] building virtualbox, guest additions installation

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Thu Jun 4 14:15:21 GMT 2015

Hi max max,

On Friday 29 May 2015 23:49:10 max max wrote:
> I have successfully built the source for Virtualbox 4.3.28. How do I build
> the installer for the guest additions? There are no docs that I can find,
> and nothing in the forums.

after you did

  'kmk'

you should also do

  'kmk packing'

which creates VBoxGuestAdditions.zip in out...../bin/additions/

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert | Software Development Director, VirtualBox
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher