[vbox-dev] VirtualBox 5 cannot start a VM on Windows 10 x64 host‏

Jacob Klein jacob_w_klein at msn.com
Thu Jul 23 21:37:18 GMT 2015

Hi Oracle VirtualBox team,

Are you guys aware of the problems I'm having, getting VirtualBox 5 to work on a Windows 10 x64 host (with no 3rd-party antivirus)?

Basically, I'm getting the following error:
1e50.84c: supR3HardenedMonitor_LdrLoadDll: returns rcNt=0x0 hMod=00007ffacc280000 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\crypt32.dll'
1e50.84c: Error -1912 in supR3HardenedMainInitRuntime! (enmWhat=4)
1e50.84c: RTR3InitEx failed with rc=-1912

Please see this post, and subsequent messages, for logs and details:
https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=68322&start=15#p327242

So, could you please look into fixing this?
If I can be of any help diagnosing or testing, please let me know what to do.
If you want, I can submit a ticket.

Thanks,
Jacob Klein

Note: Per the following webpage:
https://www.oracle.com/corporate/pressrelease/oracle-vm-virtualbox-5-070915.html
... Windows 10 is a supported Host, per the following quoted sentence:
"The 5.0 release supports the latest guest or host operating systems including: Mac OS X Yosemite, Windows 10, Oracle Linux, Oracle Solaris, other Linux operating systems, and legacy operating systems."