[vbox-dev] Fix to #13789

a.urakov at drweb.com a.urakov at drweb.com
Fri Jan 30 14:49:32 GMT 2015

Hello!

We would like to contribute to VirtualBox under MIT license. We send our
changes to fix bug described at https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/13789 .

The idea is that functions /Medium::removeRegistry()/ and
/Medium::addRegistry()/ themselves take write locks on mediums, so we
get read lock only for /Medium::getAnyMachineBackref()/ call in
/VirtualBox::unregisterMachine()/ function. Also we release read lock on
medium after we got its parent and before we are going to iterate
through parents in /Machine::detachAllMedia()/ function.

Regards,
Alexander