[vbox-dev] Custom Bridge Interface

Ritesh Raj Sarraf rrs at researchut.com
Tue Jan 13 11:41:07 GMT 2015

Does VBox support attaching to a custom bridge interface in "Bridge
Networking Mode" ??

I have a custom bridge configured on my host, to which I'd like VBox to
attach the Guest VMs to. On that bridge, I have dhcp configured externally.

My intent is to have 1 single bridge interface, to which I configure
all: VBox, KVM (libvirt), LXC etc. And be able to have them all under
that bridge's network subnet and talk to each other.

The VBox guest VMs are initially able to work. They get a DHCP IP, and
can ping to each other. But eventually, something in VBox crashes.

[  756.958798] nspr-3[6988]: segfault at 8 ip 00007f0cbcbf285c sp
00007f0ca80b7670 error 4 in VBoxXPCOM.so[7f0cbcb9b000+fe000]

Please see Debian Bug report for more details:
http://bugs.debian.org/775266