[vbox-dev] Where have my VMs gone ?

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Wed Feb 25 12:15:39 GMT 2015

Richard,

On Wednesday 25 February 2015 11:44:23 Kerry, Richard wrote:
> Alright, where have they moved to ?
>
> Or where has the default location for searching for them moved to ?
>
> I’ve just updated to 4.3.22 and the VirtualBox Manager can’t find my VMs.
>

> I don’t think there was a warning “installing this update will lose all
> existing VMs” so I assume it’s just the location it’s looking in that has
> changed.

a bit more information would be appreciated. From your description I
assume that the VirtualBox Manager does not show any VMs but only an
empty window, is that correct?

On which host you are working and which was the version of VirtualBox
which you upgraded to 4.3.22?

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert | Software Development Director, VirtualBox
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany

Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher