[vbox-dev] 4.3.22 Java COM Fixes

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Fri Feb 13 12:21:56 GMT 2015

Max,

On 13.02.2015 09:06, Maxime Dor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I see the following entry in the 4.3.22 changelog : "SDK: Java COM
> bindings fixes" but no further info or link to a ticket number.
> Could you give a sum up of what has been fixed? Thank you!

It's probably far less than you're hoping (it was backported in October,
the change in trunk was in May)... the Java COM binding was quite badly
broken before, to the point that it couldn't run code which used to
work. Part of it was bit rot (totally normal when code isn't
built/shipped due to severe usability restrictions), but the real
breakage was some change to the COM binding code which was meant to be
only for the webservice variant.

For the gory details: https://www.virtualbox.org/changeset/51416/vbox

The full functionality still needs significant changes (mostly type
conversions between signed/unsigned data types which JACOB doesn't do
automatically, it needs to be told explicitly).

Klaus