[vbox-dev] VBoxRT.so broken TEXTRELs since 4.3.16

Anna Fischer a.fischer at sirrix.com
Fri Feb 13 11:56:48 GMT 2015

> An: vbox-dev at virtualbox.org
> Betreff: Re: [vbox-dev] VBoxRT.so broken TEXTRELs since 4.3.16
>
> Hi Anna,
>
> On Friday 13 February 2015 09:31:23 Anna Fischer wrote:
> > We are running a hardened Gentoo with GRSecurity enabled. We have
> > found out that since VBOX 4.3.16 there is a problem with
> > /usr/lib64/virtualbox/VBoxRT.so which seems to have TEXTREL markings
> > and therefore access to it is blocked by GRSec. We have previously run
> > 4.3.12 and on that version, this problem has not been present. We have
> > upgraded to
> > 4.3.20 by now but the problem still persists. Has anyone ever
> > experienced this before?
> >
> > [...]
>
> may I ask which package you are using? Exact package name and where did
> you download it?

We use the standard Gentoo VBOX 4.3.20 package:
http://packages.gentoo.org/package/app-emulation/virtualbox

The source comes from http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/4.3.20/VirtualBox-4.3.20.tar.bz2

Plus Gentoo specific patches are applied which you can find here:

http://dev.gentoo.org/~polynomial-c/virtualbox/patchsets/virtualbox-4.3.16-patches-01.tar.xz

Regards,
Anna