[vbox-dev] Failed to create the VirtualBox COM object

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Wed Feb 4 10:12:37 GMT 2015

This error has two typical reasons:
1) VirtualBox wasn't installed correctly or
2) the file ~/Library/VirtualBox/VirtualBox.xml has been corrupted.

The first issue should be resolved by re-installing, and to check if it
is caused by the second you can move the file elsewhere and then try
starting VirtualBox.

BTW, there is a troubleshooting chapter in the manual which gives
additional hints - the information you provide is rather sparse, and
such problems are very rare.

Klaus