[vbox-dev] VirtualBox Windows build instructions

Maarten Hoes hoes.maarten at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 19:21:58 GMT 2015

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 9:11 PM, Michael Thayer <michael.thayer at oracle.com>
wrote:

> Hello Maarten,
>
> On 04.08.2015 13:12, Maarten Hoes wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 10:23 AM, Maarten Hoes <hoes.maarten at gmail.com
>> <mailto:hoes.maarten at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     I thought the docs said you can use express, you just cant build all
>>     the front ends.
>>
>> Yes, upon rereading the docs [1], this is exactly what they say about
>> express 2010: you can use it, but there's just one front-end that can be
>> build with that toolset.
>>
>> Is this information not correct ?
>>
> [...]
>
>> [1] https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Windows build instructions
>>

> Unfortunately this is no longer correct: this front-end is no longer part
> of our source tree.
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael

Thanks for that update. Someone may want to edit that wiki page, then. ;)

Well then let me just say that all I really wanted was a debug build, so I
can enable debug logging (which hopefully is more elaborate) in a final
attempt to troubleshoot an issue I am experiencing with bridged adapters
(see my other email thread "'bridged adapter' issue."). I had some hopes
that the test builds were debug builds, but they are release builds (which
sort of makes sense).

Is there anyone with access to VS 2010 PRO (and other related bits for a
full dev setup) that would be kind enough to build a debug build for me and
upload it somewhere ? Any 5.x revision would be just fine.

Sorry for all the noise,

- Maarten