[vbox-dev] VirtualBox 5 cannot start a VM on Windows 10 x64 host‏

Jacob Klein jacob_w_klein at msn.com
Sat Aug 1 23:37:05 GMT 2015

After noticing transient occurrences of the problem, across 5.0.x and 4.3.31, I now think the problem may involve installation of an Extension Pack.

It seems to me, that when an Extension Pack is installed (by double-clicking a ".vbox-extpack" file, in File Explorer, while no VirtualBox processes are running), then that Windows session will yield the following errors below on Windows 10 x64, when trying to load a VM, until Windows is restarted. A restart then allows the load to work.

Can a dev please confirm the problem, based on the scenario I've outlined, and please provide a fix?
I'm trying desperately to give you as much information I can, about this finicky problem. And I'm available to test anything, anytime.

Thanks,
Jacob Klein

VirtualBox - Error in supR3HardenedMainInitRunti...
RTR3InitEx failed with rc=-1912 (rc=-1912)
Abort
1e50.84c: supR3HardenedMonitor_LdrLoadDll: returns rcNt=0x0 hMod=00007ffacc280000 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\crypt32.dll'
1e50.84c: Error -1912 in supR3HardenedMainInitRuntime! (enmWhat=4)
1e50.84c: RTR3InitEx failed with rc=-1912