[vbox-dev] Regarding possible solution to #13157 - Windows Command line argument handling error

Knut St. Osmundsen knut.osmundsen at oracle.com
Wed Apr 29 15:06:16 GMT 2015

Hi Mangus,

as far as we know, with the current SVN code / test build you got,
RTGetOptArgvToString/BOURNE_SH (host side) and RTGetOptArgvFromString
(guest side) round-trips just fine now.  So, argument vectors should
be transferred to the guest without getting corrupted now.

CommandLineToArgvW round-trips just fine with the output from
RTGetOptArgvToString(RTGETOPTARGV_CNV_QUOTE_MS_CRT) (i.e. the windows
API returns the RTGetOptArgvToString input), even for examples you're
giving (test="ok").  So, when converting the argument vector to the
native windows command line format, we're doing in a manner compatible
with the windows APIs.

If there are more bugs launching applications in the guest or issues
with guest side applications you need working not following the rules
implemented by CommandLineToArgvW, please let us know the details and
we'll try fix the bugs and figure out how to work around issues with
specific apps.

Kind Regards,
 bird