[vbox-dev] Why is IPRT a VirtualBox library ?

Michal Necasek michal.necasek at oracle.com
Mon Apr 13 09:11:57 GMT 2015

 In addition to what Alexander already said (i.e. Qt is not technically usable as an IPRT replacement at all), there is another major reason: We have no intention of making core VirtualBox depend on Qt. The Qt-based GUI is only one (albeit very important) aspect of VirtualBox.

 And I highly doubt the Qt developers would be very interested in patches making Qt work in strictly C-only kernel context, for example.

  - Michal