[vbox-dev] OpenGL service screen redirection

Vitali Pelenjow Vitali.Pelenjow at oracle.com
Wed Apr 8 10:41:41 GMT 2015

Hi Rudolfs,

the OpenGL output redirect was created only for VRDP 3D support.
Currently it is internal and can use only 1 redirect.
The output redirect provides a bitmap of 3D frame when it is displayed.
If you have a 3D application in a window then you'll get
only content of the window.

As an alternative you could also use the screenshot API to get the
image. In this case you can choose the update interval and get the
entire screen.

Vitali.