[vbox-dev] Announcement: VirtualBox 5.0 Beta 1 released

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Wed Apr 1 19:01:16 GMT 2015

Hi Gianfranco,

On Wednesday 01 April 2015 19:31:10 Gianfranco Costamagna wrote:
> Hi Frank, I was mostly sure about an april fool joke :) but it seems not!
>

> do you have any schedule for the release? I would like to update the debian
> packaging as soon as you are confortable with a release.

There is no official schedule but the Beta period will take some weeks.
We are after constructive feedback and want to fix as many regressions
as possible before we do the final release.

> (consider that Debian will be probably released in a month, so we are right
> now uploading on experimental only)

Debian 6 and Debian 7 packages are available. And we will likely release
Debian 8 packages once Jessie is released.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert | Software Development Director, VirtualBox
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher