[vbox-dev] Announcement: VirtualBox 5.0 Beta 1 released

Alexey Eromenko al4321 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 18:40:51 GMT 2015

Yeah, I also thought about April fool's day when I'we seen this :)

Congrats to VirtualBox team !

But you have Debian packages right now !
http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/5.0.0_BETA1/
http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/5.0.0_BETA1/virtualbox-5.0_5.0.0~beta1-99371~Debian~wheezy_amd64.deb

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 9:31 PM, Gianfranco Costamagna
<costamagnagianfranco at yahoo.it> wrote:
> Hi Frank, I was mostly sure about an april fool joke :) but it seems not!
>
> do you have any schedule for the release? I would like to update the debian
> packaging as soon as you are confortable with a release.
>
> (consider that Debian will be probably released in a month, so we are right
> now uploading on experimental only)
>
> cheers,
>
> Gianfranco
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
>
> ________________________________
> From:"Frank Mehnert" <frank.mehnert at oracle.com>
> Date:Wed, 1 Apr, 2015 at 20:24
> Subject:[vbox-dev] Announcement: VirtualBox 5.0 Beta 1 released
>
> Please do NOT use this VirtualBox Beta release on production machines!
> A VirtualBox Beta release should be considered a bleeding-edge release
> meant for early evaluation and testing purposes.
>
> You can download the binaries here:
>
>   http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/5.0.0_BETA1
>
> Please do NOT open bug reports at our public bugtracker but use our
> VirtualBox Beta Feedback forum at
>
>   http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewforum.php?f=15
>
> to report any problems with the Beta. Please concentrate on reporting
> regressions since VirtualBox 4.3.26!
>
> Version 5.0 will be a new major release. Please see the forum at
>
>   http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=66904
>
> for an incomplete list of changes.
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Frank
> --
> Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert | Software Development Director, VirtualBox
> ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany
>
> ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
> Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München
> Registergericht: Amtsgericht München, HRA 95603
>
> Komplementärin: ORACLE Deutschland Verwaltung B.V.
> Hertogswetering 163/167, 3543 AS Utrecht, Niederlande
> Handelsregister der Handelskammer Midden-Niederlande, Nr. 30143697
> Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher

-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"