[vbox-dev] single signon problem

linux problems linuxpool1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 12:50:05 GMT 2014

Request help with following problem that has been troubling me since a
month:
I have a CentOS ver 6.3 server as Host OS. On top of it I have a Virtualbox on
which Guest OS Windows 2012 VM has been running. I want to set up a single
sign-in in a way in which I sign-in to Windows Server using terminal
clients (Ncomputing L300) but data of each user should be stored on CentOS
host directories and not within VM.

I am able to join the domain on Windows 2012, I am able to do single sign
on when I create user in Windows AD. User also gets access to Host OS
(CentOS) shared folder but I am facing following problems:

1) Everyday when server starts in morning, I need to rejoin the domain with
command:

*"net join ads -U Administrator -S name.domain.extention"*

it prompts for password and if given it joins the domain successfully and I
need to restart the winbind services with command

*"service winbind restart"*

I want to get rid of these command entering routine.

2) The users I create can login to Windows 2012 AD, but their home
directory is not getting created automatically in CentOS host, unless I
first physically sign on directly on CentOS.

I want the folders to be created automatically as we create default user
folder path in Windows Server.

3) My folders like Desktop, My Documents, Favourites, Profile (folder
redirection for roaming profiles) are not getting redirected on user's
shared folder on CentOS host.

I need the folder to automatically reside on CentOS host directory
specified.

I am attaching smb.conf, krb5.conf, hosts files.

Need urgent help. I am not a Linux Pro / Expert so please pardon
my naivety. Thank you in advance.

==========
#SMB.CONF
==========

[global]
#--authconfig--start-line--

# Generated by authconfig on 2014/09/12 18:21:12
# DO NOT EDIT THIS SECTION (delimited by --start-line--/--end-line--)
# Any modification may be deleted or altered by authconfig in future

   workgroup = DOMAIN
   password server = 192.168.1.105
   realm = WINDOWS.DOMAIN.EXTENSION
   security = ads
   idmap config * : range = 16777216-33554431
   template homedir = /home/%U
   template shell = /bin/bash
   winbind use default domain = true
   winbind offline logon = false

   winbind enum users = yes
   winbind enum groups = yes

[userdata]
path = /home
browsable = yes
writeable = yes
valid users = +users

KRB5.CONF

[logging]
 default = FILE:/var/log/krb5libs.log
 kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5kdc.log

[libdefaults]
 default_realm = DOMAIN.EXTENSION
 dns_lookup_realm = false
 dns_lookup_kdc = false
 ticket_lifetime = 24h
 renew_lifetime = 7d
 forwardable = true

[realms]
 DOMAIN.EXTENSION = {
  kdc = win2k12.xavier.lab:88
  admin_server = windows.domain.extension:749
 }

[domain_realm]
 .domain.extension = DOMAIN.EXTENSION
 domain.extension = DOMAIN.EXTENSION

HOSTS

127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4
localhost4.localdomain4
::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6
localhost6.localdomain6
192.168.1.247 linux.domain.extension
192.168.1.105 windows.domain.extension windows domain.extension