[vbox-dev] implement new PCI device

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Wed Sep 10 17:01:06 GMT 2014

David,

On 09.09.2014 04:16, David Cohen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to understand how to implement a new PCI device on vbox.
> Is there a documentation I could find somewhere?

There is quite some documentation on the various building blocks for a
device in the doxygen docs (PDM), and there are some sample devices (not
sure if any of them are PCI actually), see

https://www.virtualbox.org/browser/vbox/trunk/src/VBox/Devices/Samples
https://www.virtualbox.org/browser/vbox/trunk/src/VBox/ExtPacks/BusMouseSample

Of course - thanks to being open source - you can look at a whole
collection of device emulations which are used in VirtualBox, some of
them simple, some of them extremely complex, illustrating a wide range
of device functionality, most of them PCI:

https://www.virtualbox.org/browser/vbox/trunk/src/VBox/Devices

Klaus