[vbox-dev] Problems with Win 10 TP on VirtualBox

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Thu Oct 16 11:48:20 GMT 2014

On 16.10.2014 03:02, Shyamal Chandra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install Win 10 TP on VirtualBox (after checking out the
> SHA-1 hash) and I am getting the following error:

[black screen of death]

> Does the community have any ways to tackle this problem?

The typical cause of this is that you picked the wrong guest OS type.
For 8.1 and later it is important that Windows 8.1 is picked, because it
requires additional CPU features, otherwise it will show the above black
screen of death.

It's of course also possible that your CPU doesn't meet the minimum
requirements for 8.1/10, and then you're out of luck.

Klaus