[vbox-dev] FreeBSD + VirtualBOX + USB support

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Fri Nov 28 09:06:09 GMT 2014

Hi Hans Petter,

On 28.11.2014 09:46, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I see that VirtualBOX has made some changes to the USB APIs recently,
> not updating all the USB backends. Next time you plan to change
> anything, can the VirtualBOX USB developers drop me an e-mail, so we
> don't have this situation again!

Sorry that there have been some inconvenience, but it's unavoidable to
temporarily break a few things during the ongoing USB3/xHCI work on trunk.

The USB backend changes aren't finalized, there might be more to come.
We have a few cases which don't work (e.g. support for UASP), and it's
hard to predict how far the necessary changes have to ripple through.

> Thank you!
>
> Who can accept and review USB patches for the FreeBSD USB backend?

Easiest way is sending them to this mailing list, we'll apply them as
quickly as possible.

Cheers,
Klaus