[vbox-dev] Fw: Setting HPET via SOAP

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Wed Nov 26 14:58:33 GMT 2014

Hi Yuriy,
On 26.11.2014 15:42, Yuriy Tretyakov wrote:

>     Hi Guys!
>
>     Forum  moderator suggests me to contact somebody from developers
>     to solve my problem faster than waiting answer on forum.
>

>     I have a trouble setting boolean values via SOAP for VBOX.
>     Actually, I need to set IMachine_setHPETEnabled to True
>     programmatically, but IMachine_setCPUHotPlugEnabled also doesn't work.
>     Trying to set these parameters always follows with Machine is not
>     mutable error. But setting of memory like in SDK example works fine.
>     What I'm actually do. I using suds SOAP client library for Python.

This doesn't sound like a problem with specific bindings to me (never
used suds though, only used ZSI as you can see in the samples in the
SDK). From the symptoms you're using the wrong IMachine reference. On
the other hand, I can't explain why setting the memory size with the
same reference works, it's doing the exact same checks on the API
implementation side.

Are you sure that the snapshot you are restoring is an "offline" one,
i.e. for a powered off VM? Otherwise the VM is in saved state, which
means no significant reconfiguration is possible (but again, same rules
for HPET and memory size...).