[vbox-dev] Change setting with java Main API

Federica Renzi renzi.fede at gmail.com
Thu May 29 08:12:32 GMT 2014

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to change some VM setting during the execution of virtualbox. I
read in SDK documentation that it's possible only locking the machine and
saving its state, otherwise no change will be performed.

I tried to achieve it using java api (com-xpcom glue) and custumize
TestVBox.java, but I fall into these errors:

   - if I write
   m.lockMachine(sess, LockType.fromValue(2)); // lock write
   The function "lockMachine" returned an error condition: "The machine
   'NAME' is already locked for a session (or being unlocked)" (0x80bb0007)

   - if I write
   sess.unlockMachine();
   The function "unlockMachine" returned an error condition: "The session
   is not locked (session state: Unlocked)" (0x8000ffff)

   - if I write directly (without any lock command)
   m.saveSettings();
   The function "saveSettings" returned an error condition: "The machine is
   not mutable (state is Running)" (0x80bb0002)

How could I solve it?

Thanks

--
Federica Renzi