[vbox-dev] USB mouse not working on VM4.3.10 Ubunto on Win7 Host

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Mon Mar 31 17:54:35 GMT 2014

Shahid,

On Monday 31 March 2014 19:31:42 Ramshankar wrote:
> On 03/31/2014 06:16 PM, Shahid wrote:
> > I have installed VM 4.3.10 on Win7 and ubunto 12.04 on VM but the USB
> > mouse is not working on VM, Please assist, I am stuck.
> > Guest addition I have tried, but mouse not works still.
> > Please suggest Work around.
>
> This mailing list is intended for VirtualBox development work. Your
> issue seems to be with using VirtualBox and not development.
>
> Please use the VirtualBox user forums (https://forums.virtualbox.org/)
> to resolve such issues.

Ram is very right.

Regarding your problem: I'm not sure what you mean by "mouse not working
in VM". My guess is that you have a USB mouse attached to your host and
use this mouse device for the normal desktop work. Now you start a VM and
the mouse integration does not work. That is, the guest has it's own
mouse pointer and if you move the host mouse pointer over the VM then
the guest mouse pointer does not move until you click in the VM window.

If this is really the case, make sure that your Guest Additions are really
working. Do this by opening the VM information window (VM hostkey + N).
The information should display the correct version of the installed
Additions. If this works, check if VM menu / Machine / Disable Mouse
integration is NOT checked.

Also make sure that you do NOT try to pass your USB mouse as USB device
into the guest. This is wrong as the USB mouse should be used for your
host and the guest has to see only a virtual mouse device.

But as Ram said, please go to the forums and provide some more information
what 'mouse does not work' actually means.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert | Software Development Director, VirtualBox
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany

Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher