[vbox-dev] hash sum mismatch

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Wed Mar 26 21:46:08 GMT 2014

Stéphane,

<frank.mehnert at oracle.com>wrote:
> > On Tuesday 25 March 2014 12:02:02 Stéphane Charette wrote:
> > > Does the VirtualBox team silently replace the linux download package
> > > without changing the version number?
> >
> > No, the team does not.
>
> Frank, are you absolutely sure?  Didn't this just happen again with a
> re-release of 4.3.10?

yes, I am sure. I'm just replacing the 4.3.10 packages but the package
names change (different revision). Currently the Debian repository is
not sane as the package references point to packages which are not there
but this will be repaired in ~1 hour. And this is not the cause of the
problem you saw yesterday.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert | Software Development Director, VirtualBox
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany

Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher