[vbox-dev] IMachine::setSettingsFilePath not supported?

Karoline Haus karolinehaus at yahoo.de
Mon Jun 30 11:53:36 GMT 2014

I would like to be able to create a VM under a specific folder. In fact, I would like to import a VM from an OVA file, and then have that VM registered under a specific folder. However, by default VBox will store it under $HOME/.VirtualMachines and I cannot figure how I can use the API to change the settings file path on VM import? I have seen there is an  IMachine::setSettingsFilePath function, but I use the Python API and it does return a "Not Implemented" error. Is there any other way to store VMs under a specific location?

Many thanks for any pointers.