[vbox-dev] Can i get a Audio Interface ?

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Wed Jun 25 12:14:04 GMT 2014

On 25.06.2014 10:13, iamhatling wrote:
> I wrote a VboxFrontend like the VboxHeadless.

I don't understand why you wrote a new frontend for remote output
instead of a VRDE module which would plug into VBoxHeadless, achieving
the same result with I assume far less effort and the support for
playing audio where the remote client is running.

The VirtualBox sources contain the VNC module as a sample (can't refer
to the VRDP module as that's closed source). VRDE module can be
distributed separately in the form of an extension pack...

> Now i can transfer the Vbox Video Output to the remote machine.
> But thesound is stillplaying in local

This means you configured the VM to play audio locally. Just don't do
that, tell it to use AudioDriverType_Null.

If you'd use the VRDE module approach then it would still get the audio
input/output data.

> i want to know how to get a Audio Output in the host.

The last request is contradicting the general tune, the host is where
the VM is running (not where the video output is shown). Ignoring this line.