[vbox-dev] createBaseStorage() fails with VERR_INVALID_PARAMETER

Maxime Dor maxime.dor at altherian.org
Tue Jun 10 21:30:58 GMT 2014

What values do you get if you enumerate ISystemProperties::mediumFormats <https://www.virtualbox.org/sdkref/interface_i_system_properties.html#a3fddf22466361f98b6dc9fc4458d1049> ?

From: Karoline Haus [mailto:karolinehaus at yahoo.de]
Sent: 10 June 2014 13:17
To: Maxime Dor
Cc: vbox-dev at virtualbox.org
Subject: Re: [vbox-dev] createBaseStorage() fails with VERR_INVALID_PARAMETER

I have now figured that the problem seems to be the format itself. If I used 'vmdk' instead of 'vdi' then it works. How is that possible, if using VBoxManage I can create VDI images? Do I have to pass a different set of parameters when using VDI? Or is a different type of image (
MediumVariant <https://www.virtualbox.org/sdkref/_virtual_box_8idl.html#adedcbf1a6e5e35fe7a0ca0c4b3447154> ) required when doing createBaseStorage() with the vdi format? Anyone got any pointers?