[vbox-dev] IMachine methods in source code?

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Fri Jun 6 12:51:20 GMT 2014

Johannes,

On Friday 06 June 2014 14:46:46 Johannes DeWitt wrote:
> I, i need to use come IMachine methods in source code. For example, if a
> want to use the GetSettingsFilePath() function (used in
> tstVBoxAPIXPCOM.cpp) in a cpp file of the source code, for example in a cpp
> file in /src/VBox/VMM/VMMAll/, how can i do it?
> And which headers files i need to include?

that's actually not the intended way to use !VirtualBox. VMM and Main
are strictly separated, and in particular the IMachine code you are
talking about lives in VBoxSVC while the VMM code lives in the VBoxSVC
client (either the VirtualBox process or the VBoxHeadless process).

Inside VMM you should always have a pRoot handle,

  pRoot = CFGMR3GetRoot(pVM);

Using this pRoot handle you can access the CFGM tree for that particular
VM.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert | Software Development Director, VirtualBox
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany

Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher