[vbox-dev] Type conflicts in vbox C API

Taowei Luo uaedante at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 04:28:35 GMT 2014

Hi, I'm developing the vbox drivers for libvirt, with the vbox c api.

I have a question. Is there any type conflict in vbox C API between
different versions?

For example, I have a var type named nsresult. In some C API versions, It
defines nsresult as type PRUint32. Is it true that all nsresults (in
different versions) will be defined as the same type PRUint32?

I know it may be false for structs which have function pointers. But in
other cases, especially basic types, is the type compatible with all c api
versions?

Thanks
Taowei