[vbox-dev] Setting linkstate using API?

Karoline Haus karolinehaus at yahoo.de
Wed Jul 23 14:34:05 GMT 2014

Hi if I use VBoxManage I can disconnect a VM's virtual network cable using controlvm setlinkstate while the VM is running but I do not seem to be able to do that via the API/SDK. I don't seem to find the right commands to set. I tried to set cableConnected of INetworkAdapter but it does not allow me to change this while the VM is in running state. How can I unplug the cable via the API whilst the VM is running?

Basically I'm trying to simulate a network connection loss to the VM so that it then tries to obtain a new IP address via DHCP.

Thanks
Karoline