[vbox-dev] Use of link-local IP addresses on vboxnetX

Karoline Haus karolinehaus at yahoo.de
Mon Jul 21 16:19:01 GMT 2014

I'm trying to use link-local IP addresses on my vboxnet host-only network interfaces. I have the problem that at times the connectivity to the VM is lost while the host interface is still there and also still configured properly. I don't think the problem is inside my VM, but I'd just like to confirm with someone who understands VirtualBox that it is not in any way forbidden (or say, not supported) to use link-local IP addresses on vboxnet host-only network interfaces? Could this be a problem for VirtualBox?

Thanks, Karoline